Tuesday 28 May 2013

pretending




My little journal here has been neglected these past few weeks. Just usual life stuff with extra commitments thrown in for good measure. And work. Did you hear me? WORK! I'm still petrified at the reality of feeling like a proper grown up again (yes, raising children should make you feel like a proper grown up, but I must say, not being responsible to turn up to a workplace for the last (almost) six years doesn't really make me feel all that grown up..), but think I am doing a good job of hiding it. Fake it till you make it, right?

I flew to Canberra late Friday afternoon, as a photographer. Just got goosebumps as I typed that bit. Again with the pretending to be a grown up. Three families wanted me to take their photos. For the second time in the space of a week, I was to spend more than 24 hours in a row sans children. This time round felt easier - mainly because I wasn't there to relax and enjoy myself. I was there to capture and deliver lasting memories for three beautiful families that they will (hopefully) remember forever.

Mental notes from the weekend ::

The last time I was in Canberra, I was on my Year 7 camp.
Canberra is a really pretty city.
Canberra is bloody freezing.
Flying without kids is ace. Ace.
Virgin give you free snacks and drinks.
Reading a novel uninterrupted is the bomb.
Patrick Swayze was one of the most beautiful men EVER.
Pretending to be a grown up is fun.
I love my job.
I love that I had the courage to make my job, my job.
Flying without kids is ace. ACE.
Yes, I meant to type that one twice.

What makes you feel like you're just pretending to be a grown up? x

8 comments:

  1. Tahnee you really are cool you know. I really admire you for making your dream come true, for pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone and for being so honest with how you right and writing it so beautifully. Congratulations on your new job, the families you photographed will love their photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good on you! I will return to my career soon, and I must admit there is a part of me rather excited about the grown up business. have a sweet day! :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK! I feel we're on the same page Tahnee...the trepidation I feel in feeling all grown up and actually putting myself out their is freaking me out a little...did you feel like that? I worked in a service job pre kids and then during children night shift, so the actual marketting myself is not my strong suit. These images are amazing...the families will LOVE the memories you have made for them...now I just need an excuse to experience this amazing flying solo that you mentioned not once by twice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it. Gorgeous photos - particularly the first

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your photos are BREATHTAKING. So beautiful. Wow. I am in awe.

    And Patrick was super good, wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are most definately not a pretender when it comes to snapping a photo. Lovely! Stand up and be counted. You are a FABULOUS photographer.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweet pea! Love your work! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...