Sunday 5 January 2014

1/52




A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014.

Ruby / her first hair cut in almost a year.
Cole / perhaps not the best start to the portrait series?!
Eliot / his hair is out of control. People think he's a girl. I suspect they are quite stupid, but who am I to judge?

I was undecided whether to join The 52 Project again this year. Not because I didn't enjoy it last year - it was a wonderful project - but because of other projects I have created this year, which I am yet to share here. Soon! I wondered whether it would be too much--too many dates on the calendar to tick off and deadlines to meet each week..

I could probably count on one hand the amount of times that Sunday morning rolled around last year and I didn't have appropriate portraits of the kids to share for the week; when I would then have to consciously go and snap them. More often than not, I take photos of them every day and then just select one at the end of the week to share. So when I thought about it, I wasn't creating more work for myself by continuing another year. The other projects I have chosen to work on are more work. And I need the other projects. To push myself--challenge myself--better myself, as a photographer.

So here we are--back at the start. And round we go again..

Joining Jodi each week

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...