Monday 20 August 2012

cinema debut

So tomorrow turned into after the weekend. We've been busy.









While we were on holidays, I thought it was a good time to take Cole to the cinema for the first time. Over the past few months, movies have been able to hold his focus longer and longer. The decision was also made easier having my Dad there to look after Eliot. Win win.

So on a Friday morning after Eliot went down for his sleep, we three headed for the cinema, the anticipation almost too much for these two. Popcorn purchased, tickets in hand, obligatory first-time-cinema-attendee-photos taken, we took our pick of seating from the entire cinema - bar 3 seats. I love it when the cinema is empty. Of course we had missed the boat on the Brave hype, which I didn't mind one bit - and neither did the smalls.

We pushed the armrests up so we could snuggle together, their little eyes grew wider in the light of the screen, as the characters introduced themselves and the story began. Of course Ruby asked a million questions, the whole way through. Cole only spoke a few times toward the end, asking that I confirm his thoughts about the plot and which bear was 'Brave's mum'. {They still call Merida, Brave. I've stopped correcting them.} The only movement Cole made was moving his arm between the popcorn and his mouth. I have never seen him sit still that long! After we left the cinema, he thought we should now go to another cinema where they were showing The Muppets. He couldn't quite grasp the concept that they weren't still showing it - six months later.

As exciting as it is for my little people to experience new things, for the very first time, I really think it's even more exciting for me. I am so grateful to be in a position to be there for all the firsts. We make sacrifices and live a simple life to be able to do so, for me to stay home with the kids while they are little. And I wouldn't change any of it.

Joining lovely Bron for Kidspot Village Voices

2 comments:

  1. I love taking my girls to the cinema - it was Ice Age a couple of weeks ago and it will be The Lorax tomorrow. I know they are only kiddies movies, but it feels so grown up going again.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like fun,we really want to see Brave

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...