Friday 11 April 2014

ten on ten / april














What a difference a month can make! Getting wet on purpose to now, trying our hardest NOT to get wet. It's been raining here for days here. Autumn has finally arrived. It seems fitting given my emotional state at the moment.

When I realised it was the tenth of the month, I really didn't want to do it. Anger and exhaustion aren't the best combination for taking good photos. The darkness in these photos is not by accident.

It's been a very long month with my husband working ridiculous hours. It's exhausting for him, and for us. The flow on effect for us, who rely on him so much, is taxing to say the least. But I think it's more than that this time.

As I drove away from home in the darkness last night - in a dress, with my sultanaless handbag - I felt the weight fall away. With the music loud, I drove through the heavy rain to have dinner with friends, old and new. To go anywhere by myself lately has been a rare event and I need a break. While an evening out isn't going to fix me right now, it was everything I needed last night. Conversation, laughter and beautiful food - with beautiful friends. Today will be better because of it.

Joining Rebekah each month for Ten on Ten

2 comments:

  1. My goodness lovely Tahnee, how much I can relate to this! It was so lovely to meet you the other night. It was such an effort to get out of the house the night after a looooong, tiring day/week/month wrangling my beautiful/challenging trio whilst my husband has been MIA at work with very long days. But I was sooooo glad that I made the trek through the rain as seeing you gorgeous ladies made my week. Sorry I was inanely rambling so much! I'm already looking forward to seeing you again and next time let's make sure we talk about this and share the load. Amy xoxo PS I was a bit in awe at how incredibly beautiful you are in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your photos are beautiful! i especially love the rainy light photos. lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...