Saturday 12 November 2011

joy

As in the feeling - and the baker. The feeling in that, that is how this blogging caper is making me feel. I added blogger to my list of labels (i.e. wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunty, cook, baker, cleaner, referee, blah blah blah), to give myself an outlet for my mind to breathe a little more. And to be able to say the things that generally do not interest four year olds and under. Because that is my daily audience (obviously discounting my obviously much older than four year old hubby). And just to blow my own trumpet, there was a time when they were all under three and a half. Yay for my uterus to be able to perform so efficiently.

Anyway, I was catching up on some blogs last night while watching this and then this, and came across this. I can't remember how I found Joy, through a link from another blog no doubt, same as how I have found every other blog I love, and then begin to follow. When I find a new blog, it has to grab me straight away, those first few lines I read, or the layout, the colour, the photos. If the photos are rubbish, I just can't read anymore. It hurts my eyes. Click that tab shut and move on, no matter how much someone else banged on about how great it is. Joy had me instantly - with her words. Never mind the delicious recipes or photos of delicious recipes, sucking you in.  Never mind I share her irresponsible sweet tooth and always have homemade cake in my pantry and a biccie jar full. It was her words. I ADORE the way she writes. Open and easy. Like she wrote every post in one go without hitting the delete button once.

Her post seemed very timely for me, being a newbie blogger. I need all the help I can get! Reading every one of her ten tips I found myself nodding. Especially tips 1, 6, 9 and 10. #6 in particular {blogging with dedication isn't easy}. As I mentioned here, I'm a Virgo. And we don't do anything half-arsed. At least this Virgo doesn't. It's a blessing and a curse. If I can't commit 110% to something (because 100% isn't good enough), I don't bother starting. So posting once a week here just isn't going to happen - even if that is the only time I should be posting (as I sit here at 10:45pm waiting for Mr E to wake for a feed because I know the minute I lay my weary-not-one-full-hour-stretch-of-sleep-last-night-up-and-down-like-a-yo-yo-head on my super comfy pillow in my unbelievably heavenly bed, he will wake). Most of my posts for my first week were done between 10pm and midnight because that's when I had time to do them. Never mind my body was telling me to get into bloody bed, I have committed myself to writing the best blog I can. Sure I will get better at it, and post in the morning, or build up a stack and schedule them.. but at the moment, I am writing when I feel like I should, when I have something to say, whether it's meaningful or rubbish.  Probably more of the latter, but who cares. At least I am putting 110% into rubbish posts. And my photos are pretty. #5 on Joy's list. Already ahead on that one. Here's some more - in Joy's honour. (Breakfast faces of Nanna {aka capsicum lips} and Pa {smiley sultana strawberry 'stache'}.)



I have found the blogs I began to follow who posted regularly, and then lessened to twice a week, once a week.. once a fortnight....... my interest faded until I deleted their blog from my faves list. I like to feel like I am reading something that someone wants me to read. Not something someone thinks I should read. There may not seem a great difference between the two, but there is to me. And that's what I want for my tiny webby space here.

Enough never minding. The boy has been fed. I can't see the screen properly. We have a second birthday party to go to in the morning. Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...